Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To Blog or Not To Blog? Is That The Question?

I have been contemplating for days about starting a blog.  I love reading blogs and always think, "I should try blogging", but I just never have taken that first step.  I read several different types of blogs and love them all for different reasons.  Maybe it's that voyeuristic feeling of getting to peek into other peoples lives to see if they are as weird or perhaps weirder than me.  I.don't.know!  I find myself being drawn in by those people that can tell a story about themselves or recount events that have happened to them in a realistic way...they write just like they are sitting there personally telling you the story.  I have mulled over in my mind, "what do I have to tell people about that is interesting?" The answer is nothing.  I'm ordinary, just plain ordinary.  I don't really do anything exciting. I can cook.  I'm not a great cook, I really don't even like to cook.  I just like reading cook books. I even join recipe sharing sites and read blogs of all these people that can cook.  I also love the freebie and coupon blogs.  I got really into it at one time.  I know how to do it, but man, it can be a pain in the butt!  Grocery shopping for 3 or 4 hours is not my cup of tea.  Yeah, I saved $100 bucks on the order, but really?  After a while it gets old being an extreme coupon lady and those checkout people can get pretty testy. But, I salute those who can do it! I do like telling all my friends about great deals, and I do love shopping!  So,what in the heck am I going to blog about?   OK, I made up my mind! I think...
If Jerry Seinfeld can have a show about nothing, then why do I have to narrow my choice down to just one thing?  Maybe I have a coupon for a free recipe that I need to share with the world...I don't but let's just say I do. What kind of blog would that fit into?  What if I'm feeling all fashionista? Not likely, but I could take some pictures of myself all glammed up and ta da! There you go!  That would not fit in with a cooking blog, maybe a coupon/ freebie blog if I got the outfit all cheap or something.  What about if I hit the super lotto and I get to go traveling.  Not just taking my DD to an amusement park, no real traveling like to a winery! Or maybe someplace that has nice cushy beds and those robes you walk around in and sip coffee on a balcony.  Of course I would still do a check for bedbugs!  I am not about to sleep tight and let a bed bug bite me!  So, I have decided that...I'm going to have an Undecided Blog...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment