Thursday, February 17, 2011

Close To YOOOOOOOU!

Why do birds suddenly appear, every tiiiiiiime you are neeeear?  Just like me they long to be close to yooou~ Just like me, they long to be, close to yooooou! 
Yes, I am insane, thanks to Big Marv.  Every year he buys the kids a Valentine.  This year was no exception.  The usual a valentine card and a tiny heart box of chocolates, which isn't too bad cause it only has three pieces and they don't like them and I get to eat them.  This year there was a stuffed animal in the Wal-Mart bag. Not only a stuffed animal, but an ugly bearilla (bear/gorilla I can't really tell which one)  hand puppet that sings "Close To You".  I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I am. 
My children are teenagers.  The oldest-BIG Man- has autism.  What does that have to do with this story? EVERYTHING! BIG Man likes to do things over and over and over. He just can't stop himself.   So, I have been subjected to this bearilla singing that stupid song a bazillion times in a row.  I found myself humming  at work today. Stuck in my brain like a mouse on a glue trap...squeaking, and wiggling and clawing its way out of my brain to be shared with the unlucky within earshot.    Then, my co-worker started singing along. A duet.We had a good giggle about the whole thing and kept on singing.   Went to lunch today and got a goofy grin from a dude in big sunglasses.  I wondered if I had a booger hanging out of my nose or if there was something wrong with him, but then realized that I had been singing the song aloud.  Tonight,  I'm sitting here typing on my laptop, singing along to Bearilla and the BIG Man.  
Will it ever end?

No comments:

Post a Comment