Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reading Again

I am in love with the Kindle App on my iPhone.  Before children entered my life, I loved to read.  I'm one of those people that would pick up a book and would not put it down until the last word was read, cover to cover, eyes bleary, hours at a time.  I came to a point in my life that getting any amount of sleep out weighed anything to be learned from reading.  I turned to magazines.  Tons of them.  Being able to read the short articles got me through those years without books.  Then I got an iPhone, downloaded the Kindle Application and have been reacquainted with an old love...books.  I have read 36 books in the last 6 months.  That is more books than I have read in the last 18 years!  All of the books I have read have been freebies, I figure as long as there are free ones, I'll read them and then move on to ones that cost money.  The reason I have been able to read so much now is the portability.  I always have my phone with me, therefore I always have the book I'm reading with me. Waiting on My Favorite to get out of drama practice, I can read.  During lunch, waiting at the doctor's office, or sitting on the toilet (TMI, I know) I can read.    I admit that I have lost some hours of sleep, not being able to put my book down and then regretted it in the morning when the BIG Man woke up extra early.  But.It.Felt.GOOD!!!!  I feel like I'm getting some of me back.  It feels good to do something I like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment