Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We're Off to See the Wizard!

My Favorite Child is in the high school drama club.  (She is talented like her mother)  So, I am totally excited for the weekend to come when I get to see the Spring Musical...The Wizard of Oz.  Normally, I would be happy to be going to see her perform, but this time it is extra-yippity-do-dah!  Why? you may ask-I certainly would want to know what the big deal is all about-because!!!!!!!!! The Wizard of Oz was her absolute most favorite movie in the whole wide world.  In fact, we watched this movie at least 3 times a day when she was 2 years old.  She would tell me stories about "the Fizzerdy Foz" and Dorfy(Dorthy) and Toto.  I have loved torturing her telling her stories about when she was two and watched "the Fizzerdy Foz  and it was the bestest bideo (best video)". She always replaced the /v/ sounds with /b/ sounds...so freakin cute!  Not so cute to 14 year old freshman girls, they roll their eyes like you are the most stupid person on earth, but I don't care!  I love to annoy the crap out of her so, I tell her and all her friends every chance I get!  Anywho, I am also excited to go see this play, because it is the same play that I was in when I was in high school (during the stone ages, according to her).  I was a witch, not THE wicked witch, but a witch friend.  Yeah, it was the perfect part for me...I probably should have been the star witch according to my family during PMS week.    I really can't wait to see my little star up on the stage.  I am a proud momma!  So somewhere over the rainbow, the Fizzerdy Fozz will be entertaining me all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment